Sleep is important. Without a proper amount of sleep, we do not function as well. Prolonged periods of sleep depravation can lead to serious health issues. According to the Centers for Disease Control, eight out of 10 Americans feel like they need more sleep than they currently get. Here are some tips for a better night’s sleep.
• Keep a set sleep schedule: Keeping your routine consistent facilitates sleep. It keeps your sleep cycle regular.
• Don’t eat too close to bedtime: Allow two or three hours from the last time you’ve eaten to bedtime. This gives the body enough time to digest the food before going to bed.
• Have a good mattress: Your mattress plays a big role in sleep. If it’s a good mattress, it can enable long and deep periods of sleep. It’s generally recommended to replace mattresses after seven years.
• Be active: Exercise can help make the body feel ready for sleep. It’s best to complete exercise at least two hours before bed. Be sure to check with a doctor or physical therapist first before trying any new exercise routines.
• Keep electronics away: Electronic devices provide unneeded distractions while trying to sleep. In fact, the light emitted from them can stimulate awareness. This includes TVs, phones, etc.
For those who have severe sleep problems, please consult a medical professional. He or she may be able to help find other ways to combat sleep issues.
Tracy Sacre, President & Owner of Proof of Care
Tracy is a Registered Nurse and the owner of Proof of Care, Vancouver’s leading home health company. After 20 years of nursing and 7 years of teaching caregivers, Tracy realized that the standard of care in the community for caregiving was desperately poor. In 2011 she took up the challenge and launched Proof of Care, which has gone on to provide care for hundreds of seniors, employ over 250 professional caregivers and lead the field by giving Canada’s best home care experiences daily.
Tracy can be found giving engaging speeches & seminars throughout Vancouver where she is fast becoming the authority on elder care in the home. While Tracy’s best known for her expertise in home care, her clients and staff share that her biggest impact comes from her ability to connect with seniors at an individual level and advocate for their physical and mental health.
Proof of Care service ranges from Companion Care, through to Personal Care, and Nursing – everything from keeping you company and helping with light housekeeping, to administering medications and changing dressings on wounds. All of these services are available in-home, or wherever home is – such as assisted living or long-term care living.
If you or an ageing loved one are considering Home Care Services in Vancouver, BC, please contact the caring staff at Proof of Care today on 604 986 2273, 24 hours a day.